The Horse Cleaning Degreasing Horse Shampoo is infused with Ginseng root extracts for removing oil, dirt and grime build-up. Thanks to a micro-enriched degreaser protein this shampoo formulation safely removes deeply embedded grime and oils from hair strands.
An excellent shampoo for pre/post clipping, ensuring deeply embedded grime is removed from coat hair so that clippers have a clean area to clip as well as being great for post clipping to remove clipper blade oil.
This powerful degreasing horse shampoo will deeply clean coat hair, mane and tail hair as well as feathers/legs without stripping away the natural nutrients from the hair strands. Unlike dish soap which is commonly used to clean a greasy coat, our horse shampoos keep hair super soft post-bath and are the perfect pre-wash for coats that have a lot of grime build-up at the base of the coat or where oil-based products have been applied such as legs and feathers during winter months.
Our degreasing horse shampoo is fragranced with a subtle yet pleasing perfume fragrance and clear colouring.
This shampoo is part of our 'specialised' range of horse shampoos and this shampoo should only be used for oily coats, mane and tail hair due to being formulated with a degreasing functionality. For a complete bath, we would recommend a follow-up with one of our maintenance horse shampoos which focuses on conditioning the upper hair strands.
Degreasing horse shampoo
- Infused with Ginseng root extracts
- Focused on removing oil and grime build-up
- Highly concentrated shampoo results in less product use
- Easily lifts oily dirt and grime on the coat, mane and tail hair, legs and feathers as it cleans
- Perfect for pre/post clipping bathing
- Low suds formula for quick rinse washing of heavy hair, great for thick and bushy feathers, manes and tails and perfect for hand bucket washing
Directions for use
- Shake bottle well before use
- Can be used with hot and cold water (warm water for best results)
- Wet horses coat, mane or tail hair thoroughly
- Apply shampoo to the horse's coat, mane or tail hair
- Agitate shampoo to produce foam lather. Use a wash brush, washing mitt or curry comb for best cleaning results. A sponge can be used; however, this only tends to clean the top of the hair strands
- Massage foam lather to wash hair and leave the shampoo for 2-3 mins. Apply additional product if required
- Rinse thoroughly with water from top to bottom; ensuing shampoo is thoroughly rinsed from the horse's coat, mane or tail hair
- Sweatscape water from the coat (ensure scrape blade is clean!)
- Allow to dry naturally or towel dry. Avoid heat lamps as this can cause sweating, thus undoing your bathing work
- The procedure may be repeated as required for very dirty/stained hair
- Avoid contact with the horse's eyes, ears, nose and other sensitive areas. If contact occurs, rinse immediately with water and seek medical advice from a VET
- Avoid contact with a person's eyes, ears, nose and other sensitive areas. If contact occurs, rinse immediately with water and seek medical advice
- Never apply the solution to a dry coat, and always rinse the horse's coat, mane or tail hair thoroughly
- For external animal use only
- Not compatible with disinfectants
- Store in original sealed containers, out of sunlight since sunlight can dilute/fade product colouring and fragrance
- Protect from extremes of temperatures
- Keep out of reach of children. Adult supervision is required at all times if the product is to be used by children for cleaning a pony/horse
- We recommend a riding hat and suitable boots when handling and cleaning horses
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.